The Office of Summer & Winter Programs awards a limited number of full and partial scholarships to UMBC degree-seeking students who have a high GPA and are close to graduating. Financial need (based on student’s FAFSA information) is also considered.
- Full scholarships cover tuition for one UMBC summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
- Partial scholarships cover half of the tuition for one UMBC summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
- Students are responsible for all fees associated with summer courses.
Cost of Attendance (COA)
Please be aware that scholarship awards will be decreased if the amount of the scholarship exceeds the student’s Cost of Attendance (COA) budget.
- Undergraduate applicants must be UMBC degree-seeking students, and must submit an unofficial UMBC transcript indicating that they will have earned at least 100 undergraduate credits by the end of the current semester. Credits can include transfer credit from other institutions.
- Graduate applicants must show that they will have earned at least 23 graduate credits by the end of the current semester.
- Your transcript must indicate that your current UMBC cumulative grade point average is 3.20 or higher.
- You must have a current FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid, or provide written documentation on the application explaining why you have not filed a FAFSA form.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements are not considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
- Scholarships are competitively awarded, so meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 30 by 5:00 pm.
- Notification emails will be sent no later than Friday, May 7 to all who applied.
- All decisions of the scholarship review committee are final.