UMBC welcomes students from other colleges/universities who want to earn transferable credits during the summer. You must be in good academic standing at your home institution and/or any previous colleges/universities you’ve attended.
Before applying to UMBC, we encourage you to check with your home institution to verify that credits taken at UMBC will transfer back to your home institution. In addition to the course descriptions found in the schedule of classes, you can also review the syllabus archive from previous summer sessions for more detailed course information.
You must first apply and be admitted to UMBC before you can enroll in summer session. Admission is valid only for the current summer term. You must reapply to enroll in future terms.
Visiting student application opens: January 25
Deadline to apply for Summer Session I: May 26
Deadline to apply for Summer Session II: July 7
Be sure to review the important summer session dates and deadlines.
- Create your myUMBC account (click here to learn about myUMBC).
- Register for your courses. All visiting students attempting to enroll in courses with prerequisites will initially be blocked from registering, even if you included a transcript with your application. Visit the Registration Assistance page to submit a prerequisite override request.
- Check your UMBC email and Blackboard regularly for updates before and during the session.
- Review your student account and pay your bill by the due date.
- Request a virtual parking permit if you plan to drive to campus.
- Order your textbooks and sign up for UMBC’s emergency text alert service.
- Student ID cards are optional for visiting students.
- View final grades and order transcripts.
- Contact the Office of Summer, Winter and Special Programs for questions or assistance.